‘Twang’ went the basketball into the basket, his team hugged him in celebration, he tilted hid head side-ward, ‘Oh shit!’ I gasped, ‘Neeta I guess he saw us looking at him’ Neeta said ‘Chill ya, we were looking at the entire team play 😉 ‘ Does this tickle any cute memories from your school or college life? Remember that Senior you used to have a crush on,or the prettiest girl in your class whom you liked, oh the crush on your lecturer is still a little embarrassing isn’t it? Remember the guy who turned around eighty times in thirty minutes to catch a glimpse of you in the class? Do you still remember the dance that stole your heart away or the soothing voice or that one quality that separated your special someone from the rest of the world? All this when your friends kept telling, ‘You like him/Her? OH god! That person is so ugly!’ , in spite of all that you still had a crush on that special someone in your school, college or any other place you found them in. 🙂 😛 Oh well, are you blushing thinking of that crush or you’re thinking about how stupid you acted at that time? You need not think that you are alone in it,every person reading this had or still has a crush on someone or the other. You are definitely not alone in it. crushes. This fact is very well known to all those romance writers and those movie producers, who cash in on our sentiments and our secret crushes to sell their movie or the book. Next time your close friend says ‘No, I do not have a crush on anyone’ you get up and call that a ‘Bluff’, because now I’ve told you the secret. My friend forced me to write about the most interesting subject to gossip about ‘ crush ‘.
I’m going to list down the symptoms you have when you are down with the fever called the crush, maybe you could relive those ‘irritatingly exciting moments with me’.
Firstly, how do you develop a crush on someone?
Answer: Mainly most crushes develop when you notice those special features or talents that you do not posses or you do and once these features or talents are spotted you are helplessly drawn to the person. Sometimes crushes also start with your friends misleading you with the statements ‘You know we think you guys will look cute together’ or ‘you know he/she keeps looking at you’ or ‘ I think he/she likes you’ or ‘OMG! he/she is so handsome’. When you hear such things you suddenly start noticing a person you didn’t even know existed till yesterday. Yes. Most infatuations/crush/like begin because of your friends…
Now what are the initial symptoms of this illness? 😛
- You start hyperventilating at the sight of the person.
You hope desperately that the person or your friends do not notice this.
You pretend to act cool try and catch a good glimpse of the person, of-course you don’t make it obvious.
You are constantly worried if it shows on your face. (‘My face didn’t swell up did it)
You get an accidental text from that person you do a tiny little dance to celebrate, and grin for hours which makes people around you wonder if you’ve lost it!
Even in texts you are too careful not to reveal anything. (Hi! 🙂 *thinks ‘Is it a little too much? Does the emoticon tell that I like him? * 😀 )
You dream about them! most of the time ( wow, this is serious 😛 )
When does the crush turn into a mild headache?
Answer: The crush becomes a headache when your annoying friends get to know about it. Didn’t you just sigh when you read that? You are more scared that your friends know about it rather than the person itself. You know the torture that awaits.
These are the few things that happen when your friends know about the person you have a crush on.
* Your friends talk about your crush in the loudest possible manner, don’t they realise it’s a secret. ‘Susssh guys. People can hear!’
*They laugh out loud whenever your crush passes by and call our your name so loudly that the whole school/college can hear it, though they are sitting right next to you. ( ‘Oh stop it you guys!’)
* If they are acquainted to your crush they mention repeatedly how cute you guys are/ you guys should be dating/ how you and your crush have a similar taste etc in front of your crush.
* They come up with situations where you and your crush spend some quality time( read as awkward and embarrassing time) together.
* If you do not know your crush properly, your friends volunteer to make contacts with that person (‘You know my hostel mate’s classmate’s room-mate is his friend, we could ask them to join us for the trip na?’ Me: ‘Please,no! just don’t embarrass me any more,please’ (You beg them, but you know no use))
* They swear not to tell anyone about it, but then in a week the whole college knows , URGGHH! those idiots. Does he/she know about it too? I’d rather change my college now.
*They even make songs about you two.Special songs meant for you guys that only your friends and you know, for the rest of them it is just another normal song. Anytime they want to tease you, they sing the song be it in the middle of a very important lecture when you can’t even react. You are like ‘ I’ll kill you’ll today’today’
* If any limit is set for embarrassment, all limits will be crossed to embarrass you, well you had to think twice before you became friends with them. Ab bhugto!
* They cyber-stalk the person,like craaazy. ‘You do know that there is a tiny little swing on the left-side of the right corner of his house right?'(Me: How the hell do you know that?)
* They stare at your crush whenever he/she passes by and give you the wickedest smile, then nudge the person next to them and point a finger at your crush and say ‘That person is her crush, there in the blue tee-shirt , on the bullet , see right there’ (‘Someone kill me now!’)
*They almost make sure your crush gets a hint about it, at least they make sure that your crush starts noticing you.
What happens after the annoying friends phase?
Answer: You start annoying your friends with how amazing your crush looks today, how awesome they sing etc.
Below are the things that you would do after or during the annoying-friends phase of your crush period.
*Did you notice the way he looked today? So handsome!
* Did you know he/she is an excellent dancer/singer/sportsperson too!
*He/she loves dogs guys, isn’t that cute?
* I’m friends-with him/her on FB! So cool na? * Me: I’ve to tell you guys something! Friends: ‘What?’ Me: Long story after the class 😛 Friends: You always do this.
*ME: You’ll want to know what I dreamt about last night? Friends: ‘no thanks, it’ll be some lame shit about that crush! ME: Whatever!
- You want to go watch that movie at 2.00 in INOX today? Friends: Why? Is your crush going there today?
His/her mom is pretty too. Friends: You cyber-stalked again. Yeah.(Looks down at the phone)
There is some girl/ guy with my crush on my crush’s dp! 😦 (pray that they are your crush’s brother/sister/cousin. They do look similar,pakka cousin 😀 )
Did you see this pic, such an adventure lover! Friends: Yeah, you can’t even climb the stairs, lazy bum.
*You won’t believe but he/she is a guitarist/drummer. Isn’t that awesome?
So this phase also passes then you either get bored of the crush or a more awesome person is spotted and your crush shifts from the present person and to the other or then you end up dating your crush and live happily ever after.
No,the last one is least probable, because most of us like living with regrets in our hearts. I mean if you’re 80 years old and have no regrets in your life then what’s the whole point of living,isn’t it? So you won’t ever tell your crush, that you had a crush and nor will your crush tell you the that they had a crush on you, because you know, you like living with regrets and you like not confessing thing, it’s so awesome. 😛
Or you do confess but then your crush smiles and says ‘ Oh that’s too cute, I like you too as a friend.’
Or you date your crush because your idiotic friends made it happen.
Having a Crush is that one thing that is full potential, it is up to you wheather you want to pursue it further or just enjoy the moment and let it pass. Whatever it is , it is that one phase that you become all needy,clingy, whiny and a little lunatic too.
Having a crush keeps your life interesting. Even after ten years at the college/school reunion when you and your friends are cracking jokes and someone brings up this topic in front of your crush, who would be still be unaware … Friend : ‘You remember the time when you had a crush on…’
You strangle your friend saying : ‘ Shut up, or I swear I’ll kill you.’
P.S: This post is dedicated to my annoying but amazing friends who forced me to write on this topic. I’m going to miss you’ll so badly. Love you’ll.College/School was fun only because you guys were by my side. Specially written for Bhavya and Apoorva. :* This post is also dedicated to all my friends’ crushes and also a few of mine 😛 ; the lecturer, the school friend, the 80 times head turner 😛 , the senior, the super-senior, the abacus mate, the best-friend, the I don’t know you in college but I know you when I text person, etc. All the above mentioned people, thanks for existing and making our lives fun 🙂 And also dedicated to all the crushes of my readers, who went down the memory lane reminiscing their own experiences while reading this.Even if you thought this was bull-shit, thanks for reading till the end. Cheers! :* 🙂